How to Claim Certificate of Eligibility for Civil Service Exam

Passing the Civil Service Exams is one of the requirements for those who want to seek a job in the government.

Passers of both the professional and sub-professional exams are given a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE), a document that you need to submit as one of the things you need to provide to get the job.

You get First Level Eligibility if you passed the Career Service Sub-Professional Exam while you get the Second Level Eligibility if you passed the Career Service Professional Exam.


Types of CoEs

No matter which test you passed, and whether through the Paper and Pencil Test or the Computerized Examination, there are two types of CoEs you can obtain:

Temporary CoE – free of charge, only valid for 2 years and could not be authenticated

Regular CoE – currently costs Php100 but has no expiration and could be authenticated

How to Get the Temporary CoE?

Photo credit: Civil Service Exam PH

Claim Certificate of Eligibility

Step 1. Make sure to verify first if you passed the Civil Service Exam and the availability of the certification, especially if you need to travel far.

Step 2. Claim your temporary CoE at your respective CSC Regional/Field Office, where you had applied for and taken the test from.

Step 3. Bring the original of any one (1) of the following IDs (listed in alphabetical order), preferably valid and not expired unless you really have no other choice:

  • Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD)
  • Barangay ID
  • BIR/Taxpayer’s ID (ATM type/TIN card type with picture)
  • Company/Office ID
  • Driver’s License/Temporary Driver’s License (LTO OR must be presented together with old Driver’s License; OR alone is not allowed)/Student Driver’s Permit
  • HDMF Transaction Card
  • NBI Clearance
  • Passport
  • PhilHealth I.D. (must have the bearer’s name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number)
  • Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate (with picture)
  • Postal ID
  • PRC License
  • PWD ID
  • School ID
  • Seaman’s Book
  • Senior Citizen’s ID
  • Solo Parent ID
  • SSS ID
  • UMID
  • Voter’s ID/Voter’s Certification

Note: You are only allowed to use an expired ID as a last resort, but this should have expired only in the preceding months of the same year you claim the certification.

Step 4. You might also need to pass your application receipt or CSC official receipt.

Take note that CoEs must be claimed only by the exam passers. Representatives are not allowed to claim this for someone else, even with authorization letter.

How to Get the Regular CoE?

Photo credit: Civil Service Exam PH

Step 1. Fill out the Eligibility/Exam Records Request Form (ERRF) and the Declaration Form (DF). These forms are available online via the CSC website [] or at the CSC Regional Offices.

Step 2. Prepare at least two (2) valid IDs which should be valid and not expired upon claiming the certification. Refer to the list of accepted IDs above.


If the requesting party or passer already works and lives outside the Philippines, the authorized representative must submit a copy of the passport and copy of 1 the valid ID which should be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consular Office.

If the request is filed thru a representative, the following must also be submitted:

  • Authorization Letter or Special Power of Attorney (SPA)
  • 1 valid I.D. of representative

Step 3. You might also need to pass your application receipt or CSC official receipt.

Step 4. Prepare one (1) piece of 1×1 picture with name tag and signature over the printed name. Make sure that the details are written legibly – scanned or computer-generated photo, printed name, and signature will not be accepted.

Step 5. Submit all the requirements to the ESD personnel. Wait for your name/number to be called.

Step 6. Pay the Php100 certification fee to the cashier.

Step 7. Present your official receipt (OR) to the designated window. Make sure to sign the release portion of the ERRF.

Step 8. Receive your CoE.


Add Comment