Passing the Civil Service Exam is an important requirement for anyone who wishes to work in the government. But before you are able to take the test, you should first pass your application to the Civil Service Commission (CSC). Download the application form here.
Sample: Civil Service Exam ID Picture Format
Applicants are required to pass four (4) pieces of passport pictures along with their application.
But you have to make sure that the photos follow the CSC guidelines or else you have to take another photo before your application is approved.
Criteria: Passport Size ID Picture
To spare yourself the trouble (and added expense!) of having to retake your picture and re-submitting your application, make sure to pass the correct one.
Follow these criteria required for the passport size ID picture you need to pass along with your application for the Civil Service Exams.
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- The photo should be a standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture; name tag should be positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- The picture should show left and right ears
- Take a picture with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that could cover the facial features
- Facial features should not be computer enhanced; no filters
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- Taken within the last three (3) months before filing of the application
- Applicant should have a HANDWRITTEN (not computer-generated) name tag that clearly shows SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in this format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name if any.
Note: You have to pass four (4) passport size pictures for your examination application.