Ready to take the Civil Service Examination? Good luck!
But before you head off to your testing center, make sure to go through the following reminders for Civil Service exam takers:
REMINDERS for takers of the Career Service Examination – Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT):
1. Check Your School and Room Assignment
Make sure to check where you will be taking the exams – the name and location of the testing center, plus your room assignment ahead of time. You don’t want to get lost on the day of your exams or arrive at the wrong testing center.
You can find such information via the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA), available a few weeks before the exam date.
If unable to access the ONSA, make sure to call or visit the Civil Service Commission (CSC) regional office you filed your application at.
2. Arrive Early at the Testing Center
The gates to the testing centers are usually closed at
It is actually better if you check out the testing center and your room assignment the day before the exam date to familiarize yourself with the place and to know where you will take the test.
You don’t want to arrive at the right testing center on time but be late for the test, anyway, as you were still scrambling to find where room assignment might be.
3. Bring a Valid ID
The CSC strictly implements the “No ID, No Exam” policy. Make sure to bring a valid ID. Choose from any one (1) of the following, in alphabetical order:
- Barangay ID
- Bureau of Internal Revenue/Taxpayer’s ID (ATM type/TIN card type with picture)
- Civil Service Commission Eligibility Card
- Company/Office ID
- Driver’s License/Temporary Driver’s License (Land Transportation Office O.R. must be presented together with old Driver’s License; O.R. alone is not allowed)/Student Driver’s Permit
- Government Service Insurance System ID
- HDMF Transaction ID
- National Bureau of Investigation Clearance
- PhilHealth ID (must have the bearer’s name, clear picture, signature, and PhilHealth number)
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate
- Postal ID
- Professional Regulation Commission License
- PWD ID
- School ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Social Security System ID
- Solo Parent ID
- Voter’s ID/Voter’s Certification
Note: It is best if you could present the same valid ID you used while filing the application; but you can still present a different one. Just make sure it is not expired.
4. Proper Attire Should Be Observed
On the exam day, wear proper attire.
Exam takers are not allowed to wear
You attire need not be formal but make sure it appears decent and professional.
5. Only Bring the Allowed Items
Calculators and cellphones are strictly not allowed during the exams. You are only allowed to bring the following:
- Black ballpens
- Lead pencils no. 1 or 2
- Clear bottled water
You can also bring the Official Receipt/Application Receipt and/or the NOSA but these are actually optional.
6. Make Sure to Carefully Check Your Personal Details
Before you start your exams, make sure to check the personal details on the examiner’s data sheet.
Exam takers are given time to check for discrepancies and make the necessary corrections before the exams begin.