The civil service exam is the type of examination that must be passed by those who wish to find a job in the government or in civil service, as the exam’s name suggests.
Governments around the world implement various examinations, but all aim to use this method to use the exam as a merit system to gauge the applicants’ capacity for working in the public sector.
In the Philippines, the civil service exams are created and administered by the Civil Service Commission (CSC). The commission also keeps the records of all exam passers for future reference.
– CSC Announcement: 2023 Schedules for the Civil Service Exams & Requirements
– Top 10 Things You Need to Know About the Civil Service Exams
– Civil Service Commission Central Office & Regional Field Offices Directory
Direct Links for Reviewer:
Here you can download the Civil Service Exam Reviewer. Grab it free from our direct downloading links.
PhilippineCivil Service Complete Reviewer 2021 arranged by Leonalyn Mutia-Tayone
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer that Helped a Lot of Takers Pass [Mock Exam + Answers]
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part )
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 1)
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 2)
- Civil Service Exam Reviewer (Part 3)
- Civil Service Exam Answer key Only
- Abstract Reasoning with Explanation
Professional and Subprofessional Level
In the Philippines, the CSC administers two types of basic civil service exams: one for professionals (pro) and another for sub-professionals (sub-pro).
Passers of the sub-pro exam may only be accepted for first-level or clerical government positions. Meanwhile, passers of the pro exam can be accepted in both the first-level or clerical government positions as well as in technical, executive, or managerial (second-level) government positions.
Passing Rates in Professional and Subpro Levels of Civil Service Exam | Things You Need to Know
Civil Service Examination Coverage
The civil service exams in the Philippines have similar coverage to most college entrance exams.
With questions in English and Filipino, the civil service exam covers a wide range of subjects from basic grammar questions in English to math problems as well as basic knowledge about government functions and the responsibilities of those in civil service.
Civil Service Exam Requirements
The CSC schedules exams each year. You must submit the following requirements before the deadline so you can take the next scheduled exam:
- Completely filled out application form (Download Application Form no. 100 For (CSE) Civil Service Examination (Revised Sept. 2016)
- Four pieces of colored passport-sized photos (Passport ID Picture for Civil Service Exam (CSC Guidelines)
- Original and photocopy of valid government-issued ID
- The CSC might also ask for additional requirements, including NSO birth certificate if the valid ID presented does not indicate the date of birth.
– Civil Service Exams: Who Can Take? Who are Exempted?
– How to Know Online School and Room Assignment (ONSA) for Civil Service Exams (Step-by-Step Guide)
Basic Guide to Pass Civil Service Exam
No one can exactly predict what will come out in the next civil service exam; thus, it pays to brush up and review basic English spelling and grammar rules, basic Math computations and rules, and analogy.
It is also a good idea to read up on the latest issues and news items relevant to government service that might make it to the exam questions, including peace and human rights concepts, environmental management and protection, and code of conduct and ethical standards for public officials and employees.
Top 10 Helpful Techniques and Tips for Successful Civil Service Exam.